Rocket Mortgage Review 2021 - Simple Dollars
Rocket review score details
- Affordability: 14.75/15
- Availability: 14/15
- Borrower experience: 10/10
pros and cons
- Low down payment requirements (at least 3 percent and below)
- Customer service regarding new loans is available seven days a week by phone or chat
- No brick-and-mortar locations
- Does not offer USDA loans, home equity lines of credit (HELOCs) or home equity loans
- Limited information about lender fees available online
Borrowers who want to easily compare rates, learn more about the mortgage process and apply for a loan, all online.
Quicken Loans has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and Rocket Mortgage has a 3.8 out of five star rating from Trustpilot. Quicken Loans has received the highest customer satisfaction rating from JD Power for 11 consecutive years for mortgage origination, and for seven consecutive years for mortgage services.
Refinance with a Rocket Mortgage
After creating an account, you can apply for refinancing via the Rocket Mortgage website or app. As of July 2021, Rocket Mortgage's refinancing rate is slightly higher than the national average for 30- and 15-year fixed-rate loans.
Review the rules
To determine mortgage lenders' SimpleScore, The Simple Dollar editorial team rated lenders on a one to five star scale based on various factors related to the lender's products and services. Simple Dollar partners compensate us, but our opinions are our own, and partner relationships do not affect our reviews. Here is our complete methodology.